Thursday 7 March 2013

Project Management

Growing up I have been introduced to Project management, through the work that I started by doing. when I was at university I did not know that there was a qualification that focused mainly on Project management. Here I was with my passion for, studying for a science degree in Nutrition. Don't get me wrong, I was fortunate enough to go to a very good girls school that offered us career guidance as well as counselling. I went through aptitude tests, personality tests etc, to try and figure out the route I should take. Luckily enough I had chosen the correct subjects , that could get me into any field of science that I wanted. My first choice being chemical engineering I decided to go with my second choice, which was more driven by passion, nutrition. the studies were great , I learnt a lot and gained more confidence in this field.

the work I started by doing was not related to nutrition but it had some aspects of it, but it was challenging!. there were time frames, deliverable and reports that had to generated. i had to learn fast, and I found myself enjoying the work. Working towards a purpose, a goal, a Milestone. I then started wondering, what could I do to help me understand this field better? I did my research and found a perfect course, a diploma in Project management! Winner. I was happy, from the beginning till the end. I had found my destiny!

Why do I say that, you may ask. Well here is the deal, I am a Capricorn lady. now if you have never come across a Capricorn lady or Man, I suggest you read up on them a bit. I am a strict individual, I have a great sense of urgency, I am focused and I like to see results. In everything. all aspects of life. Personal or Professionally. Give me a meaningful task, and I will run with it until it is thoroughly completed. Yes that's me in a nutshell. So are you surprised that i love this Project management field? I hope not. Lol.

I plan to learn more in this field , and i wish that during the time in high school when we were busy choosing our careers, something or someone could have just picked up my personality and figured that I would do great in this field. Oh well, we can't cry over that now but only be grateful that for as long as I am still alive there is a great amount of possibilities. and that wakes me up every morning, keeps me alive!

One day, I will be a great Project Manager for a great project that will change peoples lives. And that my friend is my utmost wish.

Happy Friday,

Salute <3

No comments:

Post a Comment